Laughing for the first time during the day, running into a good friend or when sunshine peaks through the cold winter sky.
I was thinking of things that happen so much during a week that gives you so much satisfaction. These are such small things that happen but if you recognize their small greatness, I guarantee you that you will feel even just a little bit happier. So, I decided to make this post a list of 10 small successes that I enjoy every week.
1. Tossing a paper ball and sinking it into the trash can. Really though, that jump of pure joy at the end of the shot? Completely necessary.
2. When you sit down all clean after a shower. It’s such a good feeling to be all squeaky fresh. Who doesn’t love smelling wonderful after a long hot shower?
3. Coming home from your day and knowing you only have a date with the couch and Netflix later on. Let’s be honest, Netflix controls my life and my emotions.
4. When you wake up on Friday. There’s no better feeling then knowing it’s Friday and you have the weekend ahead of you. Especially because I have no commitments on Fridays.
5. Finishing an assignment. Whether that’s at work, personal, or for school, it feels so good to just be done with something.
6. Crashing into bed. What feels better than cuddling up with blankets and feeling warm? It’s probably one of the highlights of every day. I’ll never feel more comfortable.
7. Feeling full and content. Not stuffed or slightly hungry, but that perfect amount of yum just sitting in your tum. I love food. Bad for you food.
8. When you’re done brushing your teeth. You lick over your chops a few times and it just feels so good to have a clean mouth and minty clean breath.
9. That feeling on Monday night, when you know that you have yet again conquered another Monday and don’t have to deal with it for another week. Mondays suck forever.
10. When you cross something off of your check-list (mentally or physically). What is more satisfying then driving a line right through those words that haunted you for days?
11. (BONUS) When my man comes home and I get to see him after a long day. What could be better? Hugs, kisses and cuddles.
These are a few of my favorite things. I DARE you to make a list of your own (mentally or physically). Just think of a few simple pleasures that make the days and weeks seem a little more fulfilling. Or a LOT more fulfilling. Have a great weekend everyone!
Until next week,