I’m going to make you love Mondays.
Even if your Mondays are your going through the motion, still waking up from the weekend I am a zombie kind of a day, I’m going to make you love them. Okay, I understand how your negative filter may be rattling off a ton of reasons to fight me right now but just hear me out. I can at least try to get you to appreciate why Monday’s could be loved.
Here it is, the lost list of why Mondays are awesome.
1. You should feel refreshed! The weekend just passed you by and hopefully you had a chance to catch a few z’s, relax in the way the makes you feel at your best and cross off a few things on your to-do list. Ahhh, sweet relaxation.
2. Mondays have the potential to set the mood for your whole entire week. If you are productive and get lots done, you are setting yourself up for a successful few days to come. On the other hand, if you are not in the best mood and decide to procrastinate, you’re giving yourself a ton of work to catch up on for the rest of the week.
3. Everyone you see is also starting a new week and since you haven’t seen them in a few days, you get to catch up! Talk about your weekends, have a few laughs and enjoy seeing friends that can put a smile on your face. Avoid the ones who don’t with that awkward I got a text message trick or looking into the distance gaze.
4. Usually you won’t have any deadlines on a Monday. So that’s less pressure for you! It’s a day that you can take time easing into the rest of the week. Running around like a chicken with your head cut off can’t be good for you at 8 am on a Monday.
5. Monday is always willing to take the blame for your mishaps. If you spill your coffee all over yourself, drop your papers in the hallway or trip and fall on the ice or thin air, you can simply say “It’s a Monday” and everyone will just slightly nod their heads as they do when they feel your pain.
Looking a little differently at Monday can hopefully raise your spirits as we begin a new week. Maybe if we all repeated “Mondays are the best days” in the mirror 20 times it would be true. However, if Monday does in fact get the best of you, know that it will have your back and gladly take the blame for all of your troubles. If you really can’t see the best Monday has to offer, here’s a little picture to let you in on a little secret.
Cheers to starting a new week and making the most of Monday!
Until next time,